By accepting a quote from Second Mile or commissioning Second Mile to work for you, you agree that this and all future work conducted by Second Mile Internet Solutions will be covered by these terms and conditions.
1. Customer / Client Acceptance: By using the services of Second Mile Internet Solutions you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. Payments: Invoices will be provided by Second Mile upon completion of the work for website design & development services and maintenance services. Invoices are due for payment within 14 of the date of the invoice. Accounts that remain unpaid twenty (20) days after the date of the invoice will be assessed a service charge in the amount of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month of the total amount due.
3. Default: Accounts unpaid twenty (20) days after the date of invoice will be considered in default. If the Customer in default maintains any information or files on Second Mile’s servers or any third party servers, Second Mile will, at its discretion, remove all such material. Any Customer/Client in default of paying invoices will be charged a restoral fee of their website. This restoral fee will be billed at $110.00/hr for uploading of site’s images, programming and textural content. Removal of such material does not relieve the Customer of the obligation to pay any outstanding charges assessed to the Customer’s account. Cheques returned for insufficient funds will be assessed a return charge of $25 and the Customer’s account will immediately be considered to be in default until full payment is received. Customers with accounts in default agree to pay Second Mile reasonable expenses, including lawyer fees and costs for collection by third-party agencies, incurred by Second Mile in enforcing these Terms and Conditions.
4. Indemnity: The Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Second Mile from any and all claims resulting from the Customer’s use of Second Mile’s services which cause damage to the Customer or a third party.
5. Disclaimer: Second Mile makes no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, for the services it provides. Second Mile also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Second Mile will not be responsible for any direct, indirect or consequential damages which may result from the use of its services including loss of data resulting from delays, non-delivery or interruption in service. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Second Mile cannot guarantee the absence of service interruptions caused by Acts of God or other circumstances beyond its control including, but not limited to, telecommunications problems.
Search Engine Optimisation Services
6. SEO Guarantee: Second Mile aims to achieve improved ranking on Google for all agreed keyphrases for clients employing Second Mile’s Search Engine Optimisation services. Although the work we carry out will benefit positions on search engines other than Google, we consider Google the most important search engine and measure the success of a campaign by rankings achieved in Google
Second Mile does not guarantee search engine rankings in line with the policies and statements of search engines themselves. All work is conducted on a best practice and best effort basis.
No guarantees can be given as to how long a site will retain its rankings, as search engines change their ranking algorithms on a regular basis. Additionally, new sites and potentially competitor web sites are being optimised and submitted every day.
7. Prior agreement: Prior to Search Engine Optimisation work being undertaken by Second Mile, we need assurances from the client that;
- The client has not employed the services of another Search Engine Optimisation Company to work on the web site at the same time;
- The client has not employed the services of a Submission Company during the same period;
- The client has not created any duplicate sites, duplicate content or pages, redirects or doorway pages;
- The client has not requested or exchanged links with link farms or undertaken any spamming techniques which may harm the web site’s ranking with Google
Second Mile reserves the right to terminate your service at any time if it is suspected that the target web site (i.e. the web address optimised during the campaign) or web pages linked to, are involved in any practice deemed to be unethical or illegal by Second Mile.
Website Hosting Services
8. Web Hosting: If the Customer’s website is hosted by Second Mile:
- The Customer agrees that the services provided by Second Mile are not used for any illegal, unethical or distasteful purpose
- The Customer agrees that their website and hosting account do not contain any illegal, unethical, distasteful or pornographic content
- The Customer agrees that neither they, nor their website, nor their hosting account will participate in sending unsolicited emails or spam
If the Customer’s website is not hosted by Second Mile:
- The Customer agrees that their website is not hosted on free web space using domain forwarding (either framed or otherwise).
- Where there is either concern that the current hosting IP address may be part of a ‘bad neighbourhood’ or for reasons of search engine optimisation, Second Mile may request the customer to change their hosting provider whilst using our search engine optimisation techniques.
9. Cancellation of Services: Second Mile reserves the right to cancel optimisation services should the customer make any changes to the optimised pages created by Second Mile without the advice of Second Mile or does not implement the changes advised by Second Mile in order to improve the search engine positions of the Customer’s website in the search engines.
Second Mile may make void any contract or agreement should it be discovered that the Customer has participated in any actions considered spamming by the search engines, such as
The client has not employed the services of another Search Engine Optimisation Company to work on the web site at the same time
The client has not employed the services of a Submission Company during the same period The client has not created any duplicate sites, duplicate content or pages, redirects or doorway pages
The client has not requested or exchanged links with link farms or undertaken any spamming techniques which may harm the web site’s ranking with Google
- use of hidden links
- links to link-farms
- page redirect or cloaking techniques
- submission of the site to the search engines, search directories or other websites without the consent of Second Mile
- use of automated web site submission software or websites
- use of automated reciprocal link programs
Second Mile reserves the right to cancel website hosting services should the Customer breach any of the agreements in Condition 8, or if the Customer, their website or their hosting account are participating in any illegal, unethical or distasteful activities.
10. Additional Work: If work which falls outside the scope of this quote is commissioned or requested, it is agreed that the additional work will incur costs over and above the costs included in this quote. Additional work will be charged at $110.00 per hour plus GST.
Examples of additional work include:
- request for additional design concepts over and above the number included in the quote; request for additional feature/s not covered in the quote;
- request for changes in website content or structure which incurs additional time to develop.